Greetings to Our Valued Patients,
It’s been a long road but we are excited that as of June 30, Washington State has reopened under the Washington Ready plan. Patient safety remains of the utmost importance so we will continue to keep the same protocols in place initiated during the start of the pandemic.
Steps We have taken to Keep Everyone Safe in the Office
- Social distancing is enforced in the waiting rooms and throughout the clinic
- A limited number of patients are allowed in the waiting area. You may be asked to wait in your car prior to your appointment.
- Plexiglass screens are utilized in the reception areas for minimum exposure between staff and patients.
- All waiting rooms and treatment areas are frequently sanitized with disinfectant and the latest UV light disinfection devices.
- Body temperature is taken before entry to the facility and taken a 2nd time after entry.
- Hand sanitation provided prior to entry of the facility.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the facility
- All appointments are pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms, travel history, and potential exposure prior to arrival at our facility.
- Our ASC Facility is AAAHC certified, licensed and meets all standards of infection control.
- All staff is and patients are required to wear masks or facial coverings in accordance with state requirements. Staff is wearing KN 95 masks.
Telemedicine is Available
Since COVID-19 began we worked quickly to implement telemedicine appointments so you can see us by video without the risk of traveling to the office. Virtual appointments allow you the same high-quality medical care from the safety of your own home. The most common types of visits are rashes, psoriasis, eczema, acne, acne check backs, and nail fungus. Follow-up appointments for prescription refills can also be facilitated this way in most cases. Unfortunately not all appointments can be done virtually, some will still require in person visits, including new patients.
To Get Started With Telemedicine You Will Need The Following:
• Access to a computer, smartphone, or tablet that has a camera and microphone.
• Easy access via our online portal or downloadable app (we will provide) at no charge.
• Schedule your appointment by calling the office.
We are Here For You
We recognize that some patients may still be hesitant to schedule routine medical appointments during this time. If you have a history of skin cancer or suspicious spot, delaying important medical appointments can have a negative impact on your health. Some skin cancers can grow quickly so early detection is still the best choice.
Maintaining your health is as important as ever and we are here to help. We encourage you to call us so we can provide any additional information you might need regarding scheduling office visits or telemedicine calls.
The office is open Monday-Friday with normal business hours.
Dr. Victor R. Michalak and Staff