Understanding Dermatology: Your Path to Healthy Skin
Cosmetic Surgery & Dermatology of Issaquah, Inc, is your trusted partner in achieving and maintaining healthy, radiant skin. Dermatologists are trained experts is the specialized field of medicine that focuses on the health of your skin, hair, and nails. Our dedicated team of experts include Dr. Victor Michalak, FAAD, Board Certified Dermatologist, Emily Nardiello, PA-C, and Elizabeth Wood, PA-C. We are committed to providing personalized care to address your unique skin condition care needs.
What is Dermatology?
Dermatology is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the skin, hair, and nails. Your skin is the body’s largest organ and plays a crucial role in protecting you from the external environment. Dermatologists are trained to identify and treat more than 3,000 dermatological issues, from common skin conditions to more complex disorders.
Why Dermatology Matters
- Early detection of skin conditions. Regular visits to your dermatologist can lead to the early detection of skin conditions such as skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, and even hair loss. Early detection allows for prompt intervention and significantly improves treatment outcomes.
- Treatment for chronic skin conditions. Chronic skin conditions can significantly impact your quality of life. Dermatologists are equipped to manage and treat chronic skin conditions, helping you live comfortably and confidently.
- Expert advice for healthy skin. Your dermatologist is your skincare partner, providing expert advice on how to care for your skin and prevent future issues. From choosing the right products to establishing a proper sun protection routine, our experts are here to guide you.
- Customized skincare solutions. Every individual’s skin is unique. Dermatologists can assess your skin type and develop personalized skincare routines to address specific concerns, whether it’s acne, aging, or skin sensitivity.
When to See Your Dermatologist
It’s recommended to schedule a yearly skin exam, but you should also see a dermatologist if you notice:
- Unexplained changes in moles or growths
- Persistent acne or skin irritation
- Signs of aging you’d like to address
- Chronic skin conditions that are affecting your daily life
Cosmetic dermatology offers patients additional options to treat the signs of aging, scars, sun damage, and more. Some dermatologic conditions produce unwanted side effects that can be treated after the condition is managed. Laser, injectables like dermal filler, and Botox are examples of this. So is hyperpigmentation and melasma. Skin changes due to sun damage are a common reason patients decided to explore options and feel more comfortable with a dermatologists recommendations.
There are additional resources we recommend in addition to exploring our website that can be helpful. The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and the American Society For Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) both have comprehensive information regarding dermatology, surgery, skin cancer, and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. Michalak is a proud member of both organizations who he has supported for years.
Your Journey to Healthy Skin Starts Here
At Cosmetic Surgery & Dermatology of Issaquah, we understand the importance of healthy skin and its impact on your overall well-being. Our team of experts are dedicated to providing comprehensive care tailored to your individual needs. Schedule your appointment today and embark on your journey to healthy, radiant skin.
You can contact us by calling 425-391-2500 to schedule your appointment. If you prefer you can also send us a message via any contact form on the website. Additional information is available on the contact us page. We are taking new patients.